Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing with respect to Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 3493, 2022 will be held on Monday, June 27th at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers, Second Floor of City Hall, 424 West 3rd Avenue, Prince Rupert, B.C.
Purpose: Council is considering an omnibus zoning amendment bylaw that includes the following proposed changes:
· Permitting of Secondary Suites in two-family homes (duplexes) and lock-off suites in multi-family homes (3+ principle units)];
· Addition of Animal Hospital or Clinic in any zone where retail is permitted;
· Clarifying Gross Floor Area definition and adding a definition of Building Footprint;
· Allowing temporary use of Shipping Containers for up to 60 days;
· And, allowing housing to be built from modular units on permanent foundations.
A full list of proposed changes and opportunities for the public to ask questions directly to staff is available via the City’s Rupert Talks platform at engage.princerupert.ca, Copies of the proposed Bylaw amendment can also be obtained on our website or the front desk of City Hall.
At the Public Hearing all persons who deem themselves affected by the proposed Bylaw shall be afforded an opportunity to be heard or to present written submissions respecting the Bylaw. All submissions (mailed, or electronic) must be received by Rosamaria Miller, Corporate Administrator by no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 24th, 2022. Please mail to City of Prince Rupert, 424 3rd Avenue West Prince Rupert, B.C. V8J 1L7 or email to email@example.com.