File a Bylaw Complaint

The City of Prince Rupert employs two Bylaw Officers who are responsible for bylaw enforcement within Prince Rupert. We have a full and detailed list of City bylaws online and at City Hall.

If you have a complaint regarding the violation of a City Bylaw, please contact the Bylaw Officer directly by calling or emailing via the contact below, or by filling out our online form on this page, and also available through our municipal app. 

Phone: 250-624 6852


Below you can use the City's handy online form to file your Bylaw complaints.

Please note the following:

  • Complaints are addressed on a priority sequence based on health and safety concerns, and response times may be impacted by call volumes.
  • Your name/contact information is requested because if you make a complaint, if necessary, you may be called upon to speak to the nature of your complaint in court or adjudication proceedings.

Thank you for your patience and for providing your input. 

Bylaw Complaint Form

Contact Information
What type of Bylaw Infraction are you reporting?
Address where Bylaw Infraction is located (or nearest intersection if none available)

 If this is a noise complaint, please include the Date/Time, Source of Noise, and Duration of Noise.

If this is an At-Large Dog Complaint, please note the Time of Sighting, Colour/Breed of Dog, and whether the dog was displaying aggressive behaviour. 

Maximum 10 files.
32 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, png, svg.