The job positngs here are open to the general public. We invite applications or resumes for external career opportunities from anyone who is interested. For clarification of the application policy, please read the Application Policy for the City of Prince Rupert.
Those interested in applying for an available position are invited to contact the corresponding department within the Cityhall. Please read the job posting for more details.
Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we could only contact those who succeed to the interview stage.
Watson Island Site Manager
The City of Prince Rupert is recruiting for the position of Site Manager of Watson Island. The position will be of interest to someone who wishes to work flexible hours. The average number of hours during the previous twelve (12) months has been twenty‐three (23) hours per week.
Manage and train Gatehouse Staff who work twelve (12) hour shifts;
Ability to identify and provide solutions to address mechanical issues;
Oversee the contracted repair of electrical and pumping systems;
Liaison with Leaseholder; and,
Ensure WCB compliance.
Experience the wonder of living in the gorgeous setting BC’s northwest coast. This majestic “City of Rainbows” abounds with natural beauty. A historic City with a current population of 13,000 and yearly influx of 250,000 visitors, Prince Rupert is a working sea port with a bustling waterfront and charming heritage buildings. Affordable housing, ocean views and all the amenities for quality living are at hand. As one of the world’s largest and technologically advanced shipping ports, millions of dollars in grain, coal and lumber are exported through Prince Rupert every year. Prince Rupert is also anticipating rapid economic expansion over the next ten (10) years.
The City of Prince Rupert is seeking a positive, energetic and self motivated individual for the position of Corporate Administrator. The successful candidate will join the senior management team of dedicated professionals guiding the municipality towards a prosperous future. This position will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and will carry out the statutory duties of the Corporate Officer as per the Community Charter.
1) An undergraduate degree in business or public administration; a certificate in Local Government Administration issued by the Board of Examiners; or a diploma in public sector management; plus five years of related experiences in local or regional government setting, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience;
2) Excellent knowledge of the Community Charter and Local Government Act;
3) Strong communication, organizational, and contract administration skills are essential. Human resources and labour relations experience is preferred;
4) Ability to work effectively with elected officials, government agencies, legal counsel and the public.
5) Proficiency in a computerized environment; and, A valid BC Drivers Licence is required.
The City of Prince Rupert is offering a competitive salary and benefit package.
Please provide a detailed resume with cover letter stating your interest in the position no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, June 21st, 2013 to: