As a precautionary measure in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the City Landfill access now has the following conditions in place:
- To contact landfill attendant, call (250) 624 5482 while on site
- Debit and credit cards accepted through the TAP function
- No cash or cheques
- Pin pad will be located on the side of the scale house for customer use
- Receipts will not be issued
- Allow for extra wait times to permit safe physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet)
- Dispose of garbage as quickly and safely as possible
The Prince Rupert landfill is located on the Ridley Island Access Road, East on Highway 16. For a full list of banned items, disposal fees, and more, check out our informational brochure, below:
2020 Prince Rupert Landfill Brochure
Solid Waste includes any waste that originates from residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, demolition, land clearing, or construction sources or activities, or any other source, but excludes liquid waste or effluent.
No person shall deposit prohibited waste or controlled waste unless previously approved by the Manager of Operations of the City/or his duly authorized representatives.
Regulations are outlined in Solid Waste Bylaw 3223 with Amendments A-E and Solid Waste Amendment Bylaw 3341. The City reserves the right to ban or otherwise control the type and nature of solid waste and trade waste which is deposited at City disposal sites.
A number of items are banned from the landfill:
- Waste oil
- Computers, TV’s, Monitors, Printers
- Washers, Dryers, Fridges, Freezers, Furnaces, Stoves
There is a charge for each banned item disposed.
Restricted items like Asbestos are accepted, but arrangements must be pre-made. We do not accept Creosol ties or wood products.
Hours of Operation:
8:30am – 4:45pm Mon to Fri
10:00am – 3:45pm Sat
CLOSED on Sundays and all Statutory Holidays