Want to know what happened at last night's Council Meeting? See below for a summary of the main items from the meeting, and check out our Council Corner Archive. for past meeting summaries.
Update from Council Meeting — November 25th, 2019
- Council held a Public Hearing on a rezoning application for 604 Pillsbury Avenue to be rezoned from R2 to RM2 to allow for a multi-family development. No comments were provided.
- Council heard a request from Prince Rupert Special Events for continued support to find a new location for their offices.
- Council heard a presentation from Ross McNish and Ian Cullen from the Prince Rupert Golf Course, including updates on youth camp and recruitment initiatives, staffing at the facility, and maintenance requirements.
- Following a report from the City Planner, Council voted to issue a Development Variance Permit for 448 8th Avenue East.
- The City’s Chief Financial Officer presented a recommendation to increase overall Community Enhancement Grant funding by 5% in 2020, increasing the award amounts for several community recipients. Council voted to approve the recommendation, with an additional one-time capital grant of $5,000 to the Prince Rupert and District Hospice Society for end of life equipment.
- Following a public request from the local Crimestoppers branch, Council voted to make January 2020 Crimestoppers month in the City of Prince Rupert.
- Following the Public Hearing, Council voted to approve Zoning Bylaw Amendment No. 3448, 2019 to rezone the property at 604 Pillsbury Avenue from R2 to RM2.
- Councillor Cunningham forwarded a resolution to develop a Terms of Reference for a Coastal Communities Health Committee to advocate for regional health needs. The resolution referred to using the Terms of Reference for a previously created health committee and updating as required.