Please see below for a summary of the main items discussed at the Council Meeting of June 22nd, 2020.
- At the outset of the meeting, Council held a Committee of the Whole, where they heard two inquiries from Richard Casey.
- Council received a presentation from Chief Financial Officer, Corinne Bomben reminding residents about claiming the home owner grant prior to the July 2nd due date, and walking viewers through the application process. For those interested in this information, please go to minute 7:35 of the Council Meeting Video, linked here.
- Council approved the 2019 Annual Report, which was circulated following the June 8th meeting for public comment. The full report can be found on our website and at the front desk of City Hall.
- Council approved the issuance of a Development Variance Permit at 233 Cormorant Road, following a public comment period in which no inquiries were received.
- Council approved a Development Variance permit for 1857 Atlin Avenue to move to public notification.
- The City Manager provided an update on the circumstances regarding the City’s Planning Department. The City continues to intake planning related applications and has the capability to deal with land use matters following the exit of our Planner. Given circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we do not have immediate plans to replace the planner and the City Manager is acting as the designate on behalf of the organization in the meantime.