Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? See a summary of the meeting in the Council Corner update below. For past updates, check out our archive of meeting summaries.
Update from Council Meeting — January 28th, 2019
- During the Committee of the Whole Meeting, Council heard a presentation from Tom Kertes, Organizer, Community for Clean Water
- In the Regular Meeting, Council approved an application for funding to ICIP’s Community, Culture, and Recreation Infrastructure Grant program for replacement of boiler and heating upgrades to the Lester Centre and the Rec complex as well as pool and arena system improvements
- The City approved an additional funding application to the UBCM Emergency Operations Centre – Capacity Funding grant stream to obtain an engineering design for an emergency generator for public works, as well as emergency operations logistical equipment.
- Council approved the renewal of a 3 year Service Agreement with the Prince Rupert BC SPCA, including required advertising in the local newspaper.
- Council approved the renewal of a 3 year lease with the Prince Rupert Racquet Centre, including required advertising in the local newspaper.
- Council approved the renewal of a 5 year lease with the Prince Rupert Curling Club, including required advertising in the local newspaper.
- Council directed staff to provide a letter of support for Kaien Trails to pursue design funding for McClymont Park Trail.