Want to know what happened at last night's Council meeting? Check out the update below for a summary of events. For past Council meeting summaries, check out our Council Corner archive.
Council Corner Update - November 5th, 2018
- The new City Council for 2018-2022 was sworn in by Judge Stewart in Council Chambers at 5 pm with friends and guests, and a welcome provided by Tsimshian Elder Murray Smith.
- At the Regular meeting, Council passed the schedule of Council meetings for the year, and the schedule of Acting Mayors for the remainder of 2018 and 2019.
- Council also appointed Mayor Lee Brain and Councillor Barry Cunningham to the North Coast Regional District board as well as alternates in their absence.
- Mayor Brain and Councillor Cunningham were also appointed to the North West Regional Hospital District Board and alternates were appointed.
- The incoming Mayor and Council took time at the end of the meeting to thank their supporters, and commend their fellow candidates Sarah Dantzer and Charmayne Carlson for their efforts.