Under the Emergency Program Act, the City of Prince Rupert is responsible for responding to emergencies throughout the area, including providing emergency social services.
We depend on volunteers to plan and provide these services, including:
- Identifying locations for reception centres and group lodging;
- Finding other volunteers;
- Working with local businesses, service organizations and government agencies;
- Housing and feeding people forced from their homes;
- Providing services to people who are unable to leave their homes; and
- Supporting other emergency responders.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started; training is provided, and previous experience is not required